If you have any disagreement with anything in this Privacy Notice, please note you must not use the Site, or provide personal information to us in connection with ACCSA’s services.
1. Collection of Your Personal Information
A. Information You Voluntarily Choose to Provide.
ACCSA collects anonymous demographic information, which includes but is not limited to your age, gender, ZIP code, preferences, interests, and favorites.
Also, we collect the personal information that you submit to our website, such as your last and first name, email address, and business or home address, your phone number, date of birth, educational background, work experience, information about your non-ACCSA certifications, or courses in which you may be interested as it relates to ACCSA’s services and your ACCSA membership; and your professional information, education history or other information that you choose to provide. Collection of these various information may occur, for example, when you:
- provide your Data to ACCSA to become a member of ACCSA, or if you sign up to become a registered user of ACCSA website;
- register for an ACCSA event or conferences as an ACCSA member or not an ACCSA member;
- create an account and subscribe to receive ACCSA various publications and materials through our website;
- register to take an ACCSA certification exam. ACCSA will collect your exam results;
- make use of the “contact” section of our website;
- make an online purchase, resulting in an appropriate receipt;
- receive and review online information about our services, or
- correspond with a representative of ACCSA.
B. Information We Automatically Collect from You.
We may automatically collect information about you when you use the Site or our services. This information can include your IP address, browser type and version, domain names, access times, location of your mobile device (if you access the Site through a mobile device), and referring website addresses. This information may be used by ACCSA for the operation of the service to maintain the quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the ACCSA website. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. This information that we automatically collect from you is used to enhance the performance of ACCSA’s website. ACCSA also uses your location information (if shared with ACCSA) to identify the geographic locations from which our content is accessed so that we can better understand what content topics may be most relevant in that region, and to ACCSA members generally, and to develop resources around those content topics.
We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Site using “cookies” and other similar technologies. Cookies, also known as HTTP cookies, web cookies, Internet cookies or browser cookies are small amounts of data that are generated by a site and saved/stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize user preferences and the same web browser navigating online at a future time. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Cookies may collect the following information (and more) when you use the Site:
- the pages you visit within the Site;
- the date and time of your visit to the Site;
- the amount of time you spend using the Site;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
These information are collected to enhance end-user experience and site performance. You can accept or decline cookies.
C. Information Collected by Third Parties through Third-Party Links and Content.
2. Use, Sharing and Retention of Personal Information
A. How We Use Your Information.
ACCSA uses personal information as permitted by law for the purposes described at the time of collection, to provide membership benefits and other services to you. For example, we may use your personal information:
- for order processing, certification processing or membership applications, or registering you for event or training programs, and to otherwise process your requests or address your inquiries, and to report to others about whether you are chartered and certified or not.
- to provide you with information about ACCSA, our services or other services in which we believe you may be interested. We may email you about services that we believe may be of interest to you as a member or registered user. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these emails from us, please follow the instructions contained in an applicable email you receive from us, which will allow you to opt-out of receiving these types of email communications from us.
B. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties.
Except as defined in this Privacy Notice or once specifically in agreement to it by you, we will not disclose personal information we gather from you to third parties unless ACCSA is required to share this information for example:
- to complete your request or for appropriate and legitimate business purposes;
- with third parties or vendors who provide services or otherwise act on behalf of or at the direction of ACCSA;
- with ACCSA volunteers and board members for purposes of conducting ACCSA’s internal business operations;
- to protect against fraud; the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large;
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, government requests or to protect rights and to comply with our policies;
- if we believe that an abuse of the Site occur by using it to attack other systems, gain unauthorized access to any other system, engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws.
All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to ACCSA, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. ACCSA will not send mailings to users on behalf of other organizations.
C. Security of Your Personal Information.
Once ACCSA receives your transmission of personal information, we make commercially reasonable efforts (physical, technical and administrative) to ensure its security on our systems. ACCSA secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure in a controlled, secure environment. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while this website strives to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or through the website and you do so at your own risk.
D. Data Storage and Retention.
ACCSA retains personal data for the duration of the customer’s or member’s business relationship with ACCSA and otherwise as required under applicable law. Personal data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which your data are processed. We will retain your data as long as you are an ACCSA member or require our services so that we can provide these services to you.
3. How to Contact ACCSA and Modify Your Information or Preferences.
Questions regarding this Privacy Notice should be directed to email@example.com. If you would like to modify the types of marketing email messages you receive from ACCSA, you may do so by following the instructions within the body of any email message that you receive from us.
To help us keep your personal information up to date, or to request access to the personal information ACCSA maintains about you, you may contact us at 1935 Farnham ct, Schaumburg, Illinois 60194, USA or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may update your ACCSA Profile information by visiting www.accsaglobal.org, logging into your profile.
ACCSA is a professional membership association and the Site is not directed to children under the age of 16. We are concerned about the privacy of young children, and we do not collect any more personal information than is reasonably necessary to enable them to participate in the activities we offer on our site. ACCSA does not knowingly collect or preserve personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16 of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent of a child under such a category, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us at www.accsaglobal.org. We encourage you to become involved with your child’s Internet activities and their access to our site, to ensure that his or her privacy is well protected.
6. Questions, Concerns or Complaints.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, please contact ACCSA at www.accsaglobal.org.